- A detailed explanation of the application process (pdf, 128.21 KB)
- Tips for success in applying to the HS&DR Programme (pdf, 124.75 KB)
- General assessment criteria (docx, 16.52 KB)
- Involving the public in NHS, public health and social care research: Briefing notes for researchers (PDF, 118KB)
- Download the HS&DR Programme information leaflet (pdf, 963.71 KB)
- MIS application terms and conditions
- Using natural experiments to evaluate population health interventions: Guidance for producers and users of evidence
- The Medicines for Children Research Network and the Association of Medical Research Charities have produced a useful guide on ‘Points to consider when assessing the feasibility of research (pdf, 213.92 KB)’.
- The Department of Health provides guidance on good clinical practice and clinical trials in the NHS.
- The Clinical Practice Research Datalink (fully operational from April 2012) offers data services including access to data, and research support.
- The NHS Research and Development Forum offers comprehensive resources on research governance.
- The National Research Ethics Service exists to promote and facilitate ethical research, and manages the ethical review of research through the Research Ethics Committees.
- Some studies might also need to take account of the Economic and Social Research Council’s guidance.
We'd like your views
Help us improve your experience of our website by participating in a short survey.
Journal Library Editor Vacancies
We currently have opportunities for Journal Library editors. Applications by 13 November.
Join mailing list
To receive funding alerts and other programme news, please join our mailing list.
NIHR on TwitterTweets by @OfficialNIHR
Make a research suggestion
Complete our online web form to make a research suggestion to our programmes.
Sign in to MIS
Login to the NETSCC Management Information System (MIS).